JUNIOR GUIDELINES & CODESHampshire Hills welcomes junior members and encourages them to participate
in the many programs we have to offer. In order to provide quality service and programs to all of
our members, Hampshire Hills needs full cooperation from all junior members and their parents. We ask all juniors ages 4-17 to be aware of the following age guidelines and the Junior Code of Conduct.
- Ages 4-7: May be in the club until 9:00 pm supervised by a parent or guardian* at all times or in a Hampshire Hills supervised activity or program.
- Ages 8-11: May be in the club until 9:00 pm unsupervised, however, a parent or guardian* must be in the building unless they are participating in a Hampshire Hills supervised activity or program and may use the pool after passing a staff administered swim test.
- Ages 12-15: May be in the club unsupervised without a parent or guardian* in the building until 9:00 pm as long as behavior is in accordance with the Junior Code of Conduct. After 9:00 pm, a parent or guardian must be present.
- Ages 16-17: May be in the club until closing without a parent or guardian* as long as behavior is in accordance with the Junior Code of Conduct.
On most days, junior programs end at 6:00 pm. The Junior Activities Room (JAR) is open Monday through Sunday for ages 5 and up. Hours vary. Summer and school vacation hours vary depending on programming and club hours.
- *Guardian: anyone 18 years of age or older.
TrackJuniors 12 years of age and older may use the indoor track, unsupervised, while participating in a structured walking/ running program. Juniors ages 8-11 may use the track under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
FITNESS CENTERJuniors 12 years of age and older may use the bikes, rowing machines and Life Fitness circuit equipment only. No free weights. Juniors ages 14 and older may use all fitness equipment including free weights. All juniors must sign in at the Fitness desk and complete an orientation on cardiovascular and/or strength training equipment prior to use. Schedule an appointment with a Fitness Instructor.
GROUP EXERCISEJuniors ages 12 and older may participate in all Group Exercise classes except UltraSPIN where you must be at least 14 years of age and 5 feet tall.
POOLJuniors ages 8-11 may swim alone in the pool as long as there is parent or guardian within the building, after passing a swim test. Juniors ages 12 and over may use the whirlpool.
- Junior Members ages 12-17 must check in with their membership card at The Front Desk when entering Hampshire Hills. Juniors under age 12 must check in with a parent. All guests must register and pay the appropriate guest fees.
- Adherence to posted rules in each area of the club is required.
- Food and beverages are allowed in the following designated areas: The Cafe, Junior Activities Room, Pool Balcony, designated areas on the pool deck, and appropriate outdoor areas.
- Juniors are not allowed anywhere on the second floor unaccompanied by a parent or guardian including observation hallway, Tiebreakers, Wickets, Function Rooms.
- Locker Rooms located in the downstairs hallway are available for Juniors ages 4 and older. A changing area is available in the indoor pool area for youngsters requiring supervision. Men’s and Women’s’ Adult Locker Rooms are available for members ages 18 and older, only.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited by juniors on the property.
- Running, yelling, throwing balls or other equipment in non-designated areas is prohibited.
- Abusive and foul language is not permitted anywhere in the club.
engaging in malicious mischief, theft or vandalism to Hampshire Hills
or any property of a member or guest of Hampshire Hills will not only be
suspended from Hampshire Hills but may also be dealt with through the
Disciplinary ProceduresAs a member in good standing at Hampshire Hills, it is expected that all aspects of the Junior Code of Conduct be followed whenever you are in the club. If cause for discipline is required, the following procedures will apply, depending on the severity of the incident:
- Verbal warning given
- Written warning with an incident report placed in the member's file
- Suspension for the day or up to 3 months. Long term suspension or termination of membership is at the discretion of the General Manager
Parents will be notified and an incident report placed in a member file.